Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blog #6

The Matrix is the type of movie that you have to watch at least twice. You can’t completely understand it if you don’t. Once you do watch it and get the general idea of it you get to thinking “Would I want to live in the matrix or would I take the blue pill if the choice was given to me?”. Well I personally would want to live in the “real world”. If someone said to me that I could choose to live a life of comfort and ultimately ignorance or I could choose to live a hard life but I would know exactly where I am and what I’m doing I think I would choose the latter. This might not be the case for other people because nowadays more and more people are trying to find the easiest way out. I don’t think that is anyway to go about your life. Now when it comes to the question of whether or not we live in the matrix it’s hard to say but I’m going to say yes we do live in the matrix. The reason I say this is because I consider what some drug users say. If someone is high on marijuana or a hallucinogenic drug of some sort they might argue that the way they see the world is the way it should be seen and that the world that they experience while under the influence of these drugs is the “real world”. So in this particular case the people who are against drugs are the people living in the matrix and the “stoners” are the the ones who have taken the red pill and been set free . Pun intended.
Another thing to keep in mind is, how different are men and machines really? They do many of the same things in some cases computers and machines do a better job than most men and women. So if humans and machines do many of the same things what makes them so different. There are many answers that science fiction movies have touched upon. One of them is the fact that machines can't feel any emotion so they have no compassion or mercy when they kill the humans in the ships like in the movie. They can't feel love or sadness which are things that make humans come to a conclusion when faced whith a decision that requires judgement. Which is the reason that machines can't make judgements.

No comments:

Post a Comment