Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blog # 25

This semester has been a relief for me. Not because of the difficulty level, because at times this cluster has been challenging , but because of the coolness of my teachers. I know that sounds like im kissing ass but im really not. All my teachers have been very cool and nice to me. With that being said let me move on to the individual courses.
Louis Lucca’s class has been awesome. When I first walked in I thought to myself this is probably gonna be a shitty class. It’s on a Monday and I think I speak for everyone when I say I hate Mondays but when we started the discussions it quickly became fun and I started to look forward to Mondays. I know that sounds hard to believe but it’s true. Louis made Mondays fun. The discussions we had were very informative. We discussed current events which was good because I didn’t read the newspaper before and that helped me be on top of things. The midterm paper was pretty challenging. Especially considering my chronic procrastination but in the end I got it done. The last hurdle for that class will be the final project which im still working on once again because of my chronic procrastination.
Dr. Rheuban’s was great as well. She wasn’t as lively as Louis but it was a good class nonetheless. Especially if you are pursuing film as I am. I thought the lectures were full of useful information. Although my classmates thought the lectures were bland. The Films we watched during the class were all very good. Once again the midterm paper was one of the more challenging aspects of the class. It took me a while to get it done and the fact that it was assigned at the same time as louis’ paper didn’t help but it is college so I didn’t really complain. The oral presentation was a little hard but in the end I think I did okay.
And last but not least Dr. Smith’s class for which I am writing this essay. I liked this class it was pretty cool learning how to use the internet for things I wouldn’t use it for. Also having a blog I can call my own is awesome. It was pretty challenging because we had to write almost everyday. It was hard for me because I wasn’t really used to typing that much im more of a pen and pencil kind of guy. The films we watched were entertaining and gross at times but overall I had fun not just in this class but in every class . It was a productive first semester and I look forward to the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment